When you have missing teeth, dentures can be a great option for replacing these pearly whites. However, in order to keep your dentures pearly white, use the following steps for clean and bright dentures.
- Rinse your dentures after meals with cool water.
- Brush your dentures at least once a day.
- Use a soft-bristle toothbrush, a denture cleanser, and cool water to gently brush your dentures.
- Do not use toothpaste or cleaning products containing abrasives to clean your dentures.
- Clean your dentures over a folded towel to prevent them from getting chipped or marked if you drop them.
- Soak your dentures overnight in cool water or a denture soaking solution.
However, your dentures aren’t the only things you should be cleaning daily. Even if you are missing all of your teeth, you still need to take steps to keep good oral health.
- Brush your gums gently with a soft-bristle toothbrush after taking dentures out and before putting them back in.
- If you do have remaining teeth, don’t forget to brush and floss them.
- Visit your dentist regularly. They will keep an eye on your oral health and your dentures.