When a tooth needs a restoration that is more extensive than a dental filling, our dentists may recommend a crown. A dental crown, which is sometimes called a cap, is a restoration designed to entirely cover the tooth, starting at the gum line. This restores the tooth to optimal strength, size, and shape. At Smiles Dental, we offer dental crowns made from several materials, including porcelain, gold, and porcelain fused to metal. We are happy to help you find the solution that matches your unique dental needs and goals. Each dental crown in Camas, Washington, is custom made to fit your smile comfortably and effectively.
Because crowns are very versatile restorations, they may be recommended for a variety of restorative and cosmetic purposes. Dr. King, and Dr. Jardine may suggest a crown for your smile to:
- Improve the function and appearance of a misshapen tooth
- Restore a significantly damaged or decayed tooth
- Strengthen a fractured or otherwise weakened tooth
- Enhance the aesthetics of a severely stained or darkened tooth
- Cover a dental implant
- Protect a tooth following endodontic treatment (root canal therapy)
- Attach a dental bridge
- Support a tooth with a large filling
We invite you to call or visit our office today to learn more about how a dental crown can improve your smile!