A night guard is an oral appliance used to treat bruxism. Bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching, can result in serious damage to your teeth and oral health, as well as significant pain and discomfort. Due to bruxism, you may experience:
- Chronic migraines and tension headaches
- Severely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
- Frequent jaw and facial pain
- Awakening with a sore or tired jaw
- Cracked, chipped, worn-down, or flattened teeth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
Unfortunately, most people who suffer from bruxism are unaware of the condition because it most often occurs during the night as you sleep. If you have noticed any of the above symptoms, we encourage you to speak with our dentists about getting a night guard. The night guard is custom made to fit over your teeth as you sleep to prevent nighttime clenching and grinding. Dr. King, and Dr. Jardine will make certain that your night guard fits comfortably so you can sleep peacefully while also protecting your teeth from the damaging effects of bruxism. To learn more about how we can treat teeth grinding in Camas, Washington, we invite you to call or visit us today at Smiles Dental. We look forward to helping you improve your oral health!