Our dentists and team at Smiles Dental are dedicated to helping you and your family stay in optimal oral health for life. To help us reach this goal, we offer oral cancer screenings at each routine visit to our office. Oral cancer includes cancers of the lips, cheeks, sinuses, throat (pharynx), tongue, floor of the mouth, and hard and soft palates. If the condition is not diagnosed and treated at an early stage, oral cancer may be life threatening. Dr. Wilkinson, Dr. Mistry, and Dr. Jardine provide a screening for oral cancer in Camas, Washington, at each regular appointment to ensure that we identify any signs of oral cancer as soon as possible so you can receive the treatment you need.
Common signs and symptoms of oral cancer include:
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- Lumps, swellings, rough sports, or bumps on the lips, gums, or other parts of the mouth
- Unexplained numbness or loss of feeling in the mouth, face, or neck
- Red, white, or red and white patches inside the mouth
- Lasting sores on the neck, face, or mouth that bleed easily and persist for more than two weeks
- A chronic sore or hoarse throat
If you notice any of these symptoms, we urge you to contact our office to schedule a visit with our skilled team. We are eager to take care of you!